Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mail ordered bulbs and ferns!



My bulbs arrived yesterday! A great big brown box. In it: a daffodil collection (The Works - 100 bulbs that I will share with my mom), a few tulips and a fern collection. The ferns were packed in moist shredded newspaper with descriptive tags and planting instructions. All looked very healthy and interesting. One is a 72 inch tall vase shaped fern, a couple of 24-36 inch feathery ferns and some small ones too. I put them right into the ground. I look forward to seeing them next year in the shady areas of my backyard.

planting&planning

2 Comments:

Blogger MoonShadow and the RavenFeather Poodles and Pekes said...

Wow! It sure would be fun to chew up all those bulbs! Mom wont let me chew bulbs though because she is worried some of them might be poisinous, pluss, she wants to stick them in the ground. Such an odd lady/ I'm tagging you so please go to my blog to see what that means. WOOF! MoonShadow

8:30 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Thanks MoonShadow. Skippy loves to dig, but I won't let him dig in our yard. Otherwise he would dig everything up. I see you are only 7 months old. Skippy was 7 months old last October. At that time our backyard was a serious pile of dirt because Skippy wouldn't pay much attention to me. He was a VERY wild and active puppy. If you ever have time to check out my very first blogs, you can see the dirt. Early this spring we had it graded and sodded. Skippy is a very good boy now. He knows "NO dig!" "No chew!" and all sorts of stuff. And he usually obeys it. (We still have a trouble with "No pee on the lawn!") Anyway, he won't eat the bulbs. And, thanks for tagging Skippy. I'll work on a post.

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home