Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fall-blooming clematis


One of my favorite plants. Sweet Autumn Clematis (C. terniflora). It climbs up onto the upper porch by my bedroom window. It always blooms in the middle of September. Its just starting to bloom now and only a few buds are open today.

backyardflowers

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

I have Sweet Autumn Clematis in my garden, too, and I just love it. Mine is in full bloom right now -- covered completely in white. It is so beautiful, isn't it? Especially now that the summer flowers are starting to fade... its beauty is so much more appreciated.

2:53 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think an abandoned house next to me has the clematis growing all over. I've been trying to find out what it was. You are right, it is beautiful. And smells good too.

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home