Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Elephant ears

This giant colacasia is doing a good job of hiding my air conditioner (and dog) this year. I think its the third year I've planted these bulbs. The leaves get bigger every year. I lift the bulbs in fall after the leaves die and store them in a paper bag in the basement over the winter. In the spring it usually takes me a few days of searching to find where I put them. Anyway, its a fun plant.

(Thanks for the correction on the colacasia!)

backyardphotos

3 Comments:

Blogger EAL said...

Beautiful plants. Not caladiums though—colacasia.

8:18 PM

 
Blogger Carol Michel said...

I also like elephant ear. I always put a big pot of them by my back door.

11:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just planted those this year too . . . can't wait to see 'em get this big.

12:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home