Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ornamental kale and mum

The past two years I have put in a few ornamental kale in the fall. They look nice all winter and they sprout little yellow flowers in the spring. Last weekend I planted this one next to an orange mum by my front door.

backyardflowers

2 Comments:

Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

We don't have lots of flowers in the yard - too many trees take up the sun! I do wish hydrangeas grew in the subtropics, and lilac, I really miss lilac.

Buster's mom

1:02 PM

 
Blogger MoonShadow and the RavenFeather Poodles and Pekes said...

what beautiful photos of flowers! skippy looks a bit lhke a standard poodle. i wonder if we are related. my sister, justice, has a tail just like yours so people often ask if she is a waterdog or a goldendoodle, but mom just didnt chop it off when she was a pup. i wish we had beautiful flowess in our yard like you do, but every time mom plants some i un plant them. its just so fun to pull them up. mom doesnt like me doing that very much though. moon

2:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home