Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

wildflowers in the white mountains

straw flowers joe pye weed
white flower and Joe Pye weed (Eupatorium purpureum)
bumblebee on goldenrod asters
Bumble bee on goldenrod (Solidago species) and a fall white aster (Aster species)
wildflowers
Field of goldenrod, rudbeckia, coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) and white asters.
orange flower goldenrod
Spotted jewelweed (Impatiens capensis) and goldenrod (Solidago species)
I will have to get out my wildflower ID book and figure out the ones I did not nome yet. I don't think I will be able to figure out which goldenrod or aster species I photographed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Mom said...

That orange flower is jewelweed, I think. As it grows, it kind of dangles like a jewelled pendant, if you use your imagination.

Did you check out the candy counter at Chutter's General Store in Littleton for other precious commodities? Best fudge!

11:15 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Thanks for the jewelweed ID. I've been thinking I'll look all the wildflowers up in my book and learn their names, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe some rainy weekend.

Definitely a LOOONG candy counter. My son likes the rock candy. I'll have to go back up for a sample of the fudge...

12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home