Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Monday, May 28, 2007

more agility practice

skip on top backyard agility equipment
Skippy and his trainer are working hard on jumps and leg placement. To help build awareness of rear leg placement. Skippy runs along a ladder. He also balances and turns on a fairly unstable over turned bucket. Since Skippy is over 2 years old (26 mo) and over 22" tall, he can do fairly high jumps. In competition, he would be doing 24" or 26" jumps. For practice, we are using jumps of about 16" so he doesn't risk injury.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I love the style of your garden and was hoping you'd offer a suggestion. I'm planting Crimson Red Clematis on either side of the window of my butter yellow garage. What would you plant below to shade the clematis roots and look nice with the Red clematis on the butter yellow garage? Thanks, gina

7:53 PM

 
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

Hi Skippy! You are soooo darn cute!!!

4:23 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Gina: I have a nice blue clematis in my front yard that I will post a photo of someday. It is doing great growing up a lamp post in between a big yew, a big bunch of purple flowered violets and some mums that will bloom this fall. I think there are some alchemilla and heuchera in there too. I have read that it is good to plant shallow rooted plants such as: lobelia, pachysandra, myrtle, sweet alyssum, ivy, pansy, viola or Johnny jump ups at the base of clematis. The last three are my favorites. I would pick white pansies or violets with your color combination I think.

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Forest Dogs said...

No, really, we really love your garden!

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home