Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Meyer's lemon


My Meyer's lemon tree is pretty scraggly looking. It gets to go outside in the summer, but it has to survive the long New England winters indoors. I don't really want to keep giving it a bigger pot, though it needs one. Its a semi-bonsia lemon tree, but makes great fruit. I just picked a lemon to celebrate the 4th of July. Here's my favorite Meyer's lemon recipe: Chill martini glasses and Tangueray gin in freezer. Add a small amount of crushed ice to glasses. Add two lemon slices, two drops dry vermouth and a good amount of chilled gin. Stir. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

I purchased a Meyer lemon tree this spring. I am hoping for one lemon this year!

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home