Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Moth orchid


My mom gave me this beautiful Phalaenopsis orchid. Its a remarkably reliable bloomer. Every year for the past 5 or so years it has bloomed from Mother's Day 'til mid-summer. Probably 2 months of bloom. I put it out in the garden in a shady spot under the sprinklers after the blooms finish and I give it some regular garden fertilizer. This year I'll remember to put some slug pellets around it - the slugs like its leaves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

What a delightful blogsite! What a lovely orchid! I had two and once the flower died off I could NOT get another bloom and within the year the plants died off too..I have not the confidence to begin anew. You have done much work in creating these collages! I just learned the skill and look forward to posting my first!

5:15 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Have fun posting!

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home