Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Cattleya orchid shoots

My cattleya orchids have been out in the sun for a month or so now. I am fertilizing them occasionally and they are getting lots of rain water. Lots of happy little shoots are coming up now. Maybe 5 or 8 per plant. I have two types of cattleyas: one with small bright orange flowers (Trick-or-Treat) (it has bloomed every year for the past 5 years or so) and a new one that I was given about a year ago with big white flowers (I haven't seen it bloom yet). It looks like it may be a good year for cattleya flowers because each of these shoots should produce a flower this winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home