Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

double blue campanula

campanula
campanula in white pot
I think I buy a pot of these every year. Its a blue campanula with lovely double blossoms. I can't find the name on-line, but its very common plant in the supermarkets near me in the early spring. One of those bargain plants that I can't resist. I plant them outside and, as I remember, they do very well.

I had some confusion with this plant, thinking it was related to the blue balloon flowers I have in my garden in the summer. However, after some research with my Dad, I now realize that campanula and platycodon are different plants.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to know the name of these. I bought some also, but can't find any information on them!

1:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The name of this beautiful campanula is Elizabeth Oliver, Campanula cochlearifolia ‘Elizabeth Oliver’. These are not available in my area, Florida, but I did grow them in Wisconsin. They did well the first year, spreading out to double and triple their width, but then suddenly declined and in the second year, disappeared completely.

8:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home