Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

backyard birds brave the cold

robin drinks from pond
cardinal at feeder
Its much too cold this week! I've been worrying about our backyard birds. I don't know why that silly robin didn't fly south this year! Really a bad choice. I am glad that the birds (and squirrels) are enjoying my window feeder. The birds also like to drink from our pond. A couple of days ago it froze except for a little hole at the center. Yesterday I went out, braved the cold, and put the pond heater in again. Unfortunately, the circuit tripped for some reason and today I noticed the pond is completely frozen over. Just now, I went out and reset the circuit. I hope the water thaws so the birds can drink it tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Sorry for posting in your comments section but I couldn't find an email address for you. Can you contact me via email? It's about your blog being listed on our site. Thanks in advance.

Casey@Animal-Internet.com
www.Animal-Internet.com

Again, sorry if leaving this message here is annoying to anyone reading these comments.

8:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home