Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

fall planting diagram

It seemed like everything I planted this fall was just disappearing into the dirt and I had no idea what was down there. I bought more bulbs than usual this year (partly because of a memory lapse of mine). So I went ahead and made a diagram. Today I finished up the plan and then went out to plant a few more of the bulbs (in their pre-planned locations!) and I realized that it is now more pleasant to work inside on the diagram than to go out in the cold and wind and work in the garden. The diagram was alot of work and I don't know if its worth the time in the long run to plan. I appreciated articles on Voices recently regarding planning. My planning may even be shorter lived than Rumsfield's, which some say was effective for about 3 weeks (though I think my objectives are for a better purpose).

planting&planning

1 Comments:

Blogger OldRoses said...

I've given up making plans. I used to do it every year. And every year when I actually got around to planting, I ended up doing it differently than on the plan.

7:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home