Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

walk in cleaveland farm state forest

Skippy and I went for a long walk today in Cleaveland Farm in Rowley MA. A cool bright day. The leaves are beautiful. I have read that this year there is a bumper crop of acorns. It is also a great year for oak leaf colors. I don't remember oaks with so many different colors. Reds, oranges, yellows and browns. Unfortunately it also seems to be a bumper year for ticks. (I think for the same reason as the acorns - it was a mild winter and lots of rainfall this summer.) We have been doing lots of "tick-checks" of Skip, who kind-of enjoys this extra attention, I think. We found at least 5 or 6 little ones.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

I love walks in the fall...don't you just love the smell of the leaves? Too bad that doesn't come across in the photos. I've also noticed that oak trees here in Indiana are more colorful this year, or more colorful than I remember.

8:32 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

You are really right about the smell. And its hard to describe the smell of fall leaves. Also the sounds are so nice and don't come across: leaves crunching and rustling and the geese honking.

9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home