Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Orchid collection


Some of my orchids bloom every year. The rest never bloom, but I keep trying (they probably need more sun). This year, some of the ones I thought were dead have new sprouts. I have mostly dendrobiums from K-Mart. Also some nice cattleyas, a sophrolaeliocattleya and a big new cybidium. During the summer, they go outside under the sprinklers. And I fertilize them when they're outside. The big white dendrobium is blooming now. The phalaenopsis is still blooming (since June!).

orchid

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful source for orchids is Ebay, believe it or not... You must be careful, though, as not all sellers are alike. The two best I have found are shermantp and nia22d. They both grow wonderful plants and their packaging is incredible, including spiking and blooming plants. Check them out - you won't be disappointed :-)
Peace, Michael

10:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home