Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

tulips

tulipa kolpakowskiana tulip sprout
My first tulip to bloom this year is tulipa kolpakowskiana (can anyone say that name?) The beautiful red-edged sprouts are red impression darwin hybrids.

Added note: I have to correct this, because the pictured tulip is not tulipa kolpakowskiana (which is a bright yellow "sun tulip"). I don't really know what this one is. Maybe a waterlily tulip I planted years ago. I just checked my planting diagram and I didn't plant any tulips this year where this one is.

backyardflowers

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I could say that name, but I have no idea whether I'd be saying it correctly! :) Love the red edge on those impression darwin tulips. Those are the ones that Hank over at A Lake County Point of View raves about, I think--I'd love to see another pic when they finally bloom for you.

9:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home