Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Monday, November 06, 2006

looking up

The leaves of the big old Norway maple in our backyard are starting to turn yellow and fall to the ground. I can see alot of sunlight coming through the spaces now. I think the warmth of the close, tall houses around it keeps the leaves on the branches quite late in the season. I keep most of the fallen leaves on my gardens through the winter and then rake them off early in the spring. Its always a challenge to rake before the leaves suffocate the spring bulbs, but its a very convenient winter mulch. And it gives the garden a natural look that I think the birds and squirrels must appreciate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home