Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

finally! all bulbs are planted

It took me a month and a half to plant my bulbs. 403 in all. A bit overboard, but most are small like crocuses and muscari (grape hyacinths). This revised map shows the locations they actually ended up in, which is differnt than where I had planned to plant them. I accidentally mixed up the crocuses and muscari. I hope I will get a few crocuses from the 100 corms I planted. My squirrels are very fond of the crocus and very good at digging them up. In previous years they have eaten 90% of crocuses I plant. They only eat them the first year, so if they come up next year they'll be OK and typically expand in my garden. We'll see. I'm glad to finally get this job done.

planting&planning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home