Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

My front yard

My front yard has some big shrubbery (rhodo-drendrons, yews and euonymus) with low plants (alot of alchemilla and violets, also zinnias, rudbeckia and echinacia). I usually let the violets and alchemilla fill in (they are very happy to fill every space if left alone a month or two) and I just pull them out wherever I want to put in flowers or where I see them crowding perennials. In the spring I put in alot of red tulips and in the fall several deep red mums. Its this in between time that I'd like to think of something new. Maybe alot of 1-2 foot tall sunflowers! I think I'll look for a good variety and try raising some from seed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home