Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Butterfly Milkweed









I saw this bright orange flower from across the soggy field and made my way over to photograph it. Its butterfly milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa), a native member of the Milkweed family. Its brighter and shorter (2 ft) than common milkweed and does not produce seed pods. I have not seen this flower before and had some trouble selecting only one picture. How about four... I would like to find one of these plants for my garden.

wildflower

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors...

9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are sold at garden centers in Illinois - Under the name butterfly weed. I have two in my garden

1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home