Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

agility class

agility class
Skippy has just started an agility class. My 14 year old son is his trainer, which is a great experience for both Skippy and him. They are doing great! Skippy is doing jumps and going through hoops and tunnels and all sorts of things. I had some trouble getting a good picture, but this shot caught Skippy's tail as he finished a jump.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hi
I was wondering where you train? I train at Gemini Dogs in Littleton, but I'm always interested in finding out about other places. I found your site when I was searching for posts on Willards Woods. I take my two Parson Russell Terriers there.

8:59 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

We are taking an introductory class at B.A.R.K. http://www.bostonagility.com/ The agility classes are held at Mount Ida College in Newton. Its a very good class. My son is doing the training and the instructors are very helpful for him. I have heard that there are relatively few places west of Boston to do agility. We are enjoying it and will likely continue. I've been recommended to try private classes if we want to do competition. We'll see if we get to that. Maybe. I've heard Littleton and Acton are the other agility locations. My guess is B.A.R.K. is a smaller organization than Gemini - its a non-profit club.

I haven't been to Willards Woods in a while. Thats always a nice walk!

8:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home