Our backyard photo journal - a collection of pictures of Skippy and the plants and flowers in our backyard. Also pictures from Skippy's walks & stories of his therapy work. Skippy is working hard at learning to be a Therapy Dog.

Friday, December 08, 2006

big test tomorrow

Skippy - Dec 6 2006 Tomorrow is Skippy's evaluation for working with Caring Canines as a pet therapy dog. My son is sure Skippy will be too excited and will jump on the evalulators ... which, I agree, may happen. If he does that, he won't pass. To wind him down, I'll take him on his regular 2 mile walk right before the evaluation. Today, I'll give him a good bath, buy a 4 foot leash, and find all of the paper work I completed back in October. Though I'd really like Skippy to pass, I'm trying to be prepared for failure. If he doesn't pass, we'll try again in a year or so. I'm sure he'll get calmer as he grows up. After all, he's still just a puppy at 1-and-a-half (20 months). Here's a link to Caring Canines and a link to my observation of a Caring Canine visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home